1. Bookings made more than four weeks in advance require a payment of £100, the balance to be paid four weeks prior to arrival. For holidays booked within four weeks, the full balance is required at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cheque or directly into my bank (details can be supplied) if booking through our own website. Although we will contact you to request the balance payment four weeks prior to your stay, if we do not receive a response after several attempts and within a week of the reminder for the balance being sent, we will assume that you no longer wish to stay at the house and will proceed as though you have cancelled your booking (see below).
2. Cancellations; If a holiday needs to be cancelled we will try to re-let the house and if this is successful and the whole period is re-let, the full amount will be refunded, less a £30 administration fee. Obviously the more notice we have, the more likely we will be able to do this. If we cannot re-let the dates then we will offer a 50% refund. We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance in case you need to cancel for any reason. We will try our best to re-book the cancelled dates so that we can refund your accommodation costs, minus a £30 administration fee. If the guest cancels before paying the balance, or does not pay the balance on time, half of the booking deposit is refunded (£50) and the booking is cancelled automatically. In the unlikely event that we had to cancel your stay with us, we would refund the full cost of your holiday and give you a 15% discount off any future booking you made through us. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
3.The period of let shall be from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival to 10.00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
4. The contract confers on the hirer the right to occupy the accommodation for a holiday only and in terms of law this is not an 'assured tenancy'.
5. The hirer must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and is solely responsible for the whole party. Assignees and sub-tenants are prohibited. No more than the stated number may stay at the property. The house can accommodate 4 people, plus one baby. We do not supply cots or highchairs for hygiene and health and safety reasons, as these would need to be changed each season in order to comply with current guidelines for baby hygiene and health, and this would prove wasteful. You are welcome to supply your own, however.
6. The deposit must be paid within 24 hours of the on or off line booking request being made. The balance is due four weeks before the start of the holiday, or at the same time as the deposit is paid if the start of the holiday is within four weeks of the booking request date.
7. The hirer undertakes to take all reasonable care in the use of the property and its contents, including the security of the property. The hirer will report any damages, losses or breakages as soon as they occur. We do not charge any additional damages waiver, and although we understand that odd breakages and accidents do happen from time to time, we do reserve the right to charge for repairs, losses or replacements if they are deemed to be more severe than everyday wear and tear and unintentional accidents, or if the damage or breakages appears to have resulted from extreme negligence, malicious intent, smoking in the property or the presence of pets.
8. The hirers' party will conduct themselves in such a fashion as to cause no undue noise or annoyance or disturbance to neighbouring proprietors or occupiers.
9. The hirer undertakes to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the property is not left in a satisfactory condition.
10. The description of the property is as accurate as possible, but cannot be warranted, nor does the description form any contract. We reserve the right to alter or improve any of the subjects without notice.
11. As far as the law allows, we take no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to the hirer or any of the party as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following theron. The hirer will indemnify us against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of the hirer or any member of the hirer's party.
12. The proprietors or their agents whomsoever reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time.
13. Every effort has been made to ensure an enjoyable and comfortable occupation. If, however, there is any cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. It is essential that the hirer contact us so that any complaints can be speedily resolved.
14. We offer free wi-fi to guests. Wi-fi is provided on the following conditions a. the loading of illegal or copyrighted material is strictly prohibited and legal action arising from the use of the connection for illegal purpose will remain with the user b. guests must have their own virus protection c. that children are supervised at all times when using the connection. The guest who places the booking will be responsible for safe legal use and responsible for the network key.
15. There are two private allocated off street parking spaces available.
16. We the right to evict any guests who are disruptive, abusive, or cause loud noise or great disturbance and damage to the apartment.
17. We do not accept bookings for stag or hen groups or parties. If this is ignored we reserve the right to cancel a booking or refuse access with no refund.
18. We kindly ask guests to vacate the house by 10am on the day of departure.
19. These terms are for guests booking directly through our website. Trip Advisor and Visit York will have their own set of terms which we advise you to read carefully if you book via these sites.